The ACH Batches screen is an overview of batches waiting to be processed. This includes manually built and imported batches; it allows an administrator to approve or unapprove batches. Click the right arrow symbol in the left column to view details of the batch.
If ACH has not been configured for your financial institution, a message will display stating "ACH has not been configured. Please contact your financial institution." Buttons on the page will be disabled.
- Batch Name – When creating the batch, an identifying name is added. This name is not used when creating the transaction file sent to FED.
- Entry Desc – This field is a ten character alphanumeric description of the transactions in this batch. This will be included in the transaction file sent to FED.
SEC - This field is an entry class field. It describes the type of transaction to FED and the Receiving Institution. The six valid selections are PPD, CCD, RCK, CTX, TEL and WEB. The SEC codes that are available for customers to choose when creating a batch, are determined off of the financial institution’s settings.
- PPD – Prearranged Payment and Deposits - Used to credit or debit a consumer account. This is the most commonly used for payroll deposits and preauthorized bill payments.
- CCD – Corporate Credit or Debit - Used to credit or debit business accounts. This is the most commonly used in business-to-business transactions.
- RCK – Re-presented Check Entries - Used to debit a consumer or business account. It can only be used to electronically re-present a physical check that was returned because of insufficient funds or uncollected funds.
- CTX – Corporate Trade Exchange – Used to transfer funds within a trading partner relationship. ANSI ASC X12 message or payment related information will be included in multiple addenda records.
- TEL – Telephone-Initiated Entry – Used for the origination of a Single Entry debit transaction to a consumer’s account following an oral authorization obtained from the consumer via the telephone. It can only be used when there is either (1) an existing relationship between the originator and the receiver, or (2) no existing relationship between the originator and the receiver, but the receiver has initiated the telephone call.
- WEB – Web Initiated Entry - Used to debit a consumer account. It can only be used if electronic authorization through the Internet was given to create an ACH item.
- Effective - This is the date for the transaction to be posted. While it can be in the past, future dated items can only be 1 day for debits and 2 days for credits.
- Debits / Credits - This is the total amount of all debits and credits within the batch. If the batch total is zero, either no transactions are included, or there are pre-notifications making up the batch. Zero dollar batches are ignored unless the items are marked as pre-notes.
- Status – The current status of the batch. Unapproved batches appear in red, whereas approved batches appear in green.
- Expand Icon - Expands the batch, displaying the transactions within the batch. The information included for each transaction is the name, account number, routing number, identifier if it is a pre-notification, amount if debit, and amount if credit.
- Action Bar - The administrator or company employee with approval permissions selects individual batches and approves or unapproves those batches. To approve all batches at once, select the Approve All action Icon.
If you attempt to edit a batch and the batch has been modified since the page was loaded, you will be prompted with the Recently Modified Batches popup.
The popup will display all batches that were modified since the last page load and will let you know that your changes will not be saved. Clicking ok in the popup will cause the most current batch information to be displayed.